Following on from award-winning GA add-ons in Flight Simulator X, Prepar3D, X-Plane 11 and Aerofly FS 2, this highly detailed simulation of the PA-28R Arrow III has been developed by Just Flight's in-house team following comprehensive, hands-on research with a real-life Arrow III, G-BGKU, based at Conington Airfield. Already a very popular aircraft on other platforms, we are exciting to bring you this incredibly detailed rendition of the Arrow III, complete with realistic wear and tear and cockpit configuration.
The PA-28R Arrow III is a four seater, piston-engine aircraft equipped with a retractable tricycle landing gear and constant-speed propeller – an ideal aircraft for touring and instrument training. The aircraft is flown all around the world and this add-on reflects that global popularity. Including our UK research aircraft, G-BGKU, the package features eleven liveries from the USA, Canada, UK, France, Switzerland, Australia and Germany.
The PA-28R Arrow III for Microsoft Flight Simulator features an impressive sound system, native model and 4096 x 4096 PBR materials for the highest possible texture detail and clarity.
- Accurately modelled PA-28R-201 Arrow III, built using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft
- Numerous animations including passenger door, baggage door, cockpit storm window, sun visors and oil cover
- Ground equipment including chocks, tie-downs and pushback towbar
- 4096x4096 textures for the highest possible texture clarity
- PBR (Physically Based Rendering) materials with real-time environment reflections for superb quality and realism
- Detailed normal mapping for down-to-the-rivet precision of aircraft surfaces
- Ground services support (marshaller and fuel truck)
- Full support for MSFS visual icing effects
- A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads - every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment, with optional 'clean' textures for a less worn look
- Dimmable instrument, radio and dome lighting, with separate control circuits
- Tablet EFB for controlling various aircraft options, and checking aircraft and flight information:
- 'Cold & Dark', 'Ready for Take-off' and ‘Ready for Start’ aircraft states
- Persistent aircraft states, allowing you to always return to your cockpit in the same state that you last left it
- Automatic fuel tank switching for use on those long distance cross-country flights
- GPS unit selection – GPS 100, GNS 430/GNS 530 and GTN 750 (requires freeware PMS-50 GTN 750)
- Direction Indicator (DI) or Horizontal Situation Indicator (HSI) instrument options
- Aircraft failures (spark plug fouling, vapour lock, oil use and battery failure)
- Passenger, baggage and oil inspection door controls
- Flight computer with useful information such as fuel burn, endurance, speed and wind speed/direction
- Fully functional and comprehensive IFR capable avionics fit including:
- KMA 20 audio selector unit
- KX 170B COM 1 / NAV 1 radio
- KX 175B COM 2 / NAV 2 radio
- KN 62 DME unit which can display information from NAV 1, NAV 2 or its own inbuilt receiver (NAV 3)
- Piper Autocontrol IIIB autopilot unit with navigation, heading and roll hold (altitude hold clickspot included)
- KT 76A transponder unit
- KR 85 ADF unit with ADF/ANT/BFO modes and support for fractional frequencies, e.g. 383.3
- GPS 100, GNS 430/GNS 530 and GTN 750 (requires freeware PMS-50 GTN 750)
- HSI/OBS support RNAV approach indications
- Fully compatible with MSFS VR mode
- Yoke-mounted flight timer/clock
- Independently operated left and right (standby) altimeter with mb and inHg barometric scales depending on units of measure setting
- Developed using the latest MSFS standards, including intuitive and easy-to-use controls for rotary knobs, multi-position switches and levers
- Custom-coded fuel system including the option to have automatic switching of the fuel tanks for use on those long distance cross-country flights
- Custom-coded electrical system with functional circuit breakers
- Realistic landing gear system with emergency and automatic release at low airspeeds
- Functioning alternate air and static source controls
- Failures including spark plug fouling, limited battery life, vapour lock and more
- Lighting system includes separate lighting control for instruments (via rheostat) and realistic implementation of navigation light / radio light rheostat
- Functional electric trim control on yoke (requires electric trim button to be pushed)
- Functional ELT which is automatically triggered above 4.6G
- Many other details, such as a passenger door that automatically closes with airflow and vibrating engine exhausts!
- Full support for MSFS checklists (manual and automatic/co-pilot modes)
The Just Flight Arrow III features a MSFS-native (Wwise) sound package taking full advantage of the new capabilities. Every little detail has been faithfully recreated based on high fidelity recordings from real life PA-28s.
- Original Lycoming IO-360 engine samples
- Detailed physics-based effects on engine and wind noise
- Authentic audio for every switch, button, lever and electrical systems
- Accurately positioned 3D sound sources (best enjoyed in VR!)
- Custom crash and scraping effects
- Authentic retractable gear whistle
- Background panel rattle on low engine RPMs and more!
The aircraft is supplied in the following 11 paint schemes:
- G-BGKU (UK)
- C-GQYI (Canada)
- N4131C (USA)
- G-BNSG (UK)
- F-GJCB (France)
- HB-PJA (Switzerland)
- VH-SGE (Australia)
- D-ERIN (Germany)
- G-TEBZ (UK)
- G-TSGA (UK)
- N751LU (USA)
A PSD Paint Kit is included so you can create your own paint schemes.
The Arrow III features realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real-world performance and handling data, and input from Arrow pilots.
A comprehensive PDF manual with panel guide and flight tutorial is included as well as an Operating Data Manual with performance data.
"If you're looking for the ultimate touring aircraft, the Just Flight Arrow III should be top of your list... Another superb aircraft from the Just Flight team that I'm sure will appeal to all GA pilots... The audio in this aircraft is outstanding... I love to see the amount of detail the Just Flight modellers have lasvished on it... The overall perception from outside the aircraft is the same as looking at a photograph or video of the real aircraft" PC Pilot (Platinum Award, 95/100)
"Without a doubt the most advanced and polished payware general aviation aircraft available for Microsoft Flight Simulator”
"It really doesn't get any better than this. The rendition of the aircraft is absolutely phenomenal."
"I can highly highly highly recommend this"
Sims & Stuff (YouTube)
"This is loved by anyone who buys it! An awesome option!"
"This is the new benchmark. A real beautiful and polished product."
VR Flight Sim Guy (YouTube)
"A really wonderful GA aircraft and is the closest thing we have to a study-level aircraft in the sim currently"
Into the Blue Simulations (YouTube)
"I absolutely feel this is the Gold Standard right now"
Fly From Home (YouTube)
"This is well worth the money. The best GA aircraft currently available in MSFS. Beautiful work, Just Flight."
"I have a few hundred hours in Arrows in real life and I am very very impressed with what Just Flight has done with this airplane."
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (i.e. the 2020 Standard, Deluxe or Premium Deluxe PC/Steam edition - NOT FSX or any previous edition)
- Processor: Intel i5-4460 / AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (Intel i5-8400 / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X recommended)
- RAM: 8GB (16GB recommended)
- Graphics card: nVidia GTX 770 / AMD Radeon RX 570 (nVidia GTX 970 / AMD Radeon RX 590 recommended)
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Peripherals: Joystick or compatible game controller (e.g. Xbox One Controller for Windows)
- 1GB hard drive space